Saturday, May 25, 2013

Afghans for Oaks Update

Greetings! It's been a few weeks since I have started on this little project.  I'm proud to say that I have several people signed up and even one completed afghan and she has started on another. Thanks, Terri!!

It's been a slow process, I have to admit. This is the first time that I've undertaken a project such as this and it's a continuing education process. But, I've just emailed an announcement in to the synod office to hopefully be included in an upcoming newsletter. I hope to be able to send announcements out to individual congregations in the future. We also have a Facebook page set up and a Twitter presence as well. Do we have any Ravelry members out there? Should there be a group set up on Ravelry as well?

Speaking of Ravelry, I've been trying to search Ravelry for patterns that everyone might be interesting and posting them on our Twitter and Facebook pages for inspiration. There are tons of granny square patterns out there and tons of afghan patterns in general. I try to choose those that are free to share with you all.

As always, feel free to email or post comments and/or suggestions below and keep this project in your prayers.

Peace be with you all always,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment